Holistic Transformation via Business as Mission (BAM)
The purpose of this paper is to give the reader a picture of how the Business as Mission movement is creating Gospel movement opportunities. What are the ingredients we have been discovering for the Business as Mission movement?
- A holistic Gospel in word, deed and power (Matthew 9.35)
- A partnership based approach to ministry (Philippians 1.5)
- A simple tool like Entrepreneurial Leadership Training
- A microloan program to kick start new businesses
- A local leadership team to own the vision
- A Train the Trainer approach for indigenous expansion (2 Timothy 2.2)
We are discovering the essentials to expand the kingdom of God by empowering local leaders with a tool that is contextualized and meets practical human needs via business development in Malawi, India, and other nations.
Key words: Business, mission, transformation, entrepreneurial, leadership